Friday, January 16, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge #14

Hey you guy-eyes! I finally did a Cuttlebug Challenge! Woohoo! Yay me! It was to create a card using "your favorite embossing folder." Whelp folks... I don't have a favorite folder, perse... But, I did need to make a "Thank You" card for a friend.


Here's a closeup. I was trying to go off the brown and pink of the ribbon. I brushed a pink ink pad over the embossing to make it pop a little more. Also added is the "Thank You" done in a text box in Word. And of course... Cotton Candy Stickles. This is the "Friend" embossing folder. I gently added the "my" above the word friend. There is a cute little saying inside as well.

Hope you like it and get a little creative on your own! Let me know how you did and what you did. Please leave a link, so we can all explore your creations. Toodles for now!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your friend will really appreciate this card. My favourite folder changes all the time too.
Thanks for joining the challenge this week and I do hope you will join us again soon.

Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card!!Thanks for joining us int he challenge this week.

Anonymous said...

I love how you inked the embossed image to pull out a focal point. Thanks for joining the Cuttlebug Inspiration challenge. Come back next Thursday to see your card featured among the others.

Anonymous said...

Very cool! I definitely love the embossing (what a great idea!)!

Anonymous said...

this is pretty...I like the color combination. I would never have thought to use pink and green, but this turned out really nice...
Megan
(scrapbook bingo)

Anonymous said...

so sweet! what a good idea to add a word to the embossing! thanks for joining us this week!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! Love your inking and I just can't get enough of Stickles! You did great and I'm sure whoever receives this card will be tickled! Hope you join us for future Cuttlebug Challenges:)
Amber

Anonymous said...

i luv that folder..
You will be featured on 1/29/09 at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Thanks
Maggie

Anonymous said...

I just love it! You did such and awesome job on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Glad you did the challenge this week :) I love pink and green together. Great card Lisa!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way to focus on the messge of this great folder! I really like the way you added "my" to the friend box. Very nice card!! Come take our new challenge!